Friday, December 19, 2008

The Bleeding of the Stone

The Bleeding of the Stone, is a tale of the choices that we have to make in life. We all have crossed a bridge where we had to make choices that compromise so kind belief, moral, or religious conviction that we have. What choice do we make so we don't find our self in a struggle with our inner self.

One time I made difficult choice was concerning abortion. I got pregnant 6 years ago, and before I was pregnant I always knew that i would never get an abortion. I swore on it. Once I found out I was pregnant it seemed like everything I believed in went out the window. The only thing that I could think of being a single mother and struggling to make it through school, struggling with paying bills, just the everyday struggle. I just knew n my heart and soul that I could not have the baby. I don't know why the abortion rule just applied to everyone else except for me.

Once I sat and thought about I knew I couldn't do it. Of course I made the choice to keep my baby. At one point in time I put aside my religious convictions and my moral convictions to make a choice. I would never know how that choice will affect me in the long run, but it is a choice that many women struggle with.

Making the right choice in life i something that everyone struggles with. Whatever choice we do make in life we will always benefit from. It will makes us stronger and better in the long run.

I feel that was what The Bleeding of the Stone was about to a point. It gives us insight of how people will make the choices that they do.

No comments: