Friday, December 19, 2008

Avert.org

There is an organization that is helping with the genocide of so many Africans that is the HIV/AIDS crisis. I found this organization while doing research for my final projects and one of my blogs. I have been interested in HIV/AIDS since I was forced to take an AIDS test a few years back that was the scariest thing in my life. It started to have me wonder how many people are living with this disease. This organization helps world wide and here is a little information about them

-There website is www.avert.org
-It is an international HIV/AIDS charity based in the UK
-Has projects in countries where there is a particularly high rate of infection such as Sub Saharan Africa
has number of projects in South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, and Uganda
-2 main source of funding donations, and through a private donation
-there contact info is info@avert.org
-There are many quizzes and educational material that can be downloaded for free.

This website is so nice. You can click on any country and learn about the HIV/AIDS rate and the prevention methods that are in effect for that country.

No comments: